Individual Counseling Areas of Specialization
- You are single or dating and you want to learn how to build a good relationship
- You have gotten out of a relationship and you want to move on
- You want to learn from past mistakes so you don't repeat them in new relationships
Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- You find yourself so anxious that it is hard for you to enjoy life
- You often feel helpless, hopeless and sad
- You want to find harmony and peace again in your life
- You are critical of yourself and are concerned about what others think of you
- You have such a high standard of yourself that you find it hard to relax
- You want to have more fun in life and be more at ease
Interpersonal Relationship & Communication
- You find it difficult to express yourself clearly
- People often misunderstand you
- You want to learn how to be a strong and confident communicator
- You feel depressed and saddened by your struggle of infertility
- The stress of going through the "emotional rollercoaster" of infertility treatment is overwhelming
- The strain of infertility is affecting your relationship
Read Client Testimonials
Who I Work Best With?
You are committed: You know your goal is a worthwhile one and you are willing to invest time, energy and resources required to make it a reality. More importantly, you recognize that the best investment that you can make in your lifetime is an investment in yourself.
You are open and willing to try new things: You have tried old ways of doing things and if they have worked, you wouldn't be here. Counselling is about stretching yourself. Even though it can be uncomfortable at times, you realize that you are simply going through the normal process of trying on something different to find a better way.
You want results: You are willing to put in the time and effort to create a better future for yourself.
What Makes Me Different from Other Therapists?
A unique, multi-dimensional approach: Human beings are multi-dimensional. Aside from the fact that you a physical being, you are also an emotional, intellectual and spiritual being. Your belief system, thinking patterns, emotional state and behaviours make up who you are. As such, I will work with you in a way that addresses all aspects of you. We will be exploring your thoughts, behaviours and belief systems that may have contributed to your current struggle, so that you may gain insight into what stands as a roadblock between you and the inner harmony and happiness you seek.
Teaching is my passion: I recognize that sometimes people struggle in life because they lack certain life skills, such as effective communication, conflict resolution, boundary setting and anxiety management skills. We are not born with these skills and most people don't just acquire them automatically along the way. These skills are learned. If you have never had healthy role models in your life showing you how conflicts can be resolved peacefully, boundaries can be asserted respectfully and anxieties can be regulated successfully, I can help you explore, learn and refine styles that fit for you.
My background: Prior to becoming a counsellor, I have earned a professional accounting designation as a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and worked in the corporate world for over a decade. Combining my keen ability to zoom in on underlying root cause of an issue with my compassionate nature and an eye on the big picture, I offer you an approach that is both gentle, empathetic and at the same time practical, strategic and outcome-focused.
My expertise in clinical hypnotherapy: While some clients choose to engage in counselling with me, others prefer to engage in an integrated counselling and hypnotherapy approach. As an adjunct tool, clinical hypnotherapy can be especially powerful and effective in dealing with anxiety, fear, stress and tapping into inner resources that reside within our subconscious mind. I use hypnotherapy extensively in my practice and it has proven to be a safe, natural and easy to learn tool for anxiety, stress, pain management and helping people shift their beliefs and perspectives in life for the better.
Schedule a Free Consultation or Therapy Session Today
You are worth the investment! For a complimentary, no obligation, 20-minute phone consultation or to schedule a session, click on the "Contact Me" button on the right side, or reach me directly at 778.868.4094.
Contact / Email Helen Schedule a Therapy Session
Photo credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net; Evgeni Dinev